Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com> on 2008/04/18 11:07:08 UTC

Processing Feedback: Notification for Missing Font

Jeremias,

When I specify an unknown font family in my FO file and launch FOP with
the command line it no longer warns me that the font was substituted
with “any,normal,400”. Is that to be expected?
I get the other warnings (auto table layout unsupported, for example) as
usual, though.

Thanks,
Vincent

Re: Processing Feedback: Notification for Missing Font

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Fixed. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=649552&view=rev

On 18.04.2008 16:24:05 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> There’s another problem: the missing glyph message is displayed twice
> for every missing glyph. This isn’t the case with FOP 0.95beta.
>
> Vincent
>
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Thanks, that helped identify the problem. Now fixed:
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=649477&view=rev

> >> Can you try again after removing the table warning? When I added a table
> >> with auto layout in my test file, all of the warnings suddenly appear,
> >> including the font-related ones. I suspect some initialization is not
> >> done when only font-related warnings must be produced.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Vincent

> > Jeremias Maerki
> >

> --
> Vincent Hennebert                            Anyware Technologies
> http://people.apache.org/~vhennebert         http://www.anyware-tech.com
> Apache FOP Committer                         FOP Development/Consulting

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Processing Feedback: Notification for Missing Font

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.

Posted by Akshay <ak...@hotmail.com>.
Vincent Hennebert <vincent.hennebert <at> anyware-tech.com> writes:

> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Hmm, I cannot reproduce that. The command-line mentions missing fonts to
> > me. I don't expect differences between the font substitution warning and
> > the "auto table" warning.
> >
> > C:\Dev\FOP\main\trunk-clean>fop -fo helloworld.fo -pdf out.pdf
> > 18.04.2008 11:24:13 org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
processEvent
> > WARNUNG: The following feature isn't implemented by Apache FOP, yet:
table-layout="auto" (on
> fo:table) (Siehe Position 13:17)
> > 18.04.2008 11:24:14 org.apache.fop.events.LoggingEventListener
processEvent
> > WARNUNG: Font "blech,normal,400" not found. Substituting with
"any,normal,400".

> Can you try again after removing the table warning? When I added a table
> with auto layout in my test file, all of the warnings suddenly appear,
> including the font-related ones. I suspect some initialization is not
> done when only font-related warnings must be produced.
>
> Thanks,
> Vincent
>
> > On 18.04.2008 11:07:08 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> >> Jeremias,
> >>
> >> When I specify an unknown font family in my FO file and launch FOP with
> >> the command line it no longer warns me that the font was substituted
> >> with “any,normal,400”. Is that to be expected?
> >> I get the other warnings (auto table layout unsupported, for example)
as
> >> usual, though.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Vincent
> >

> > Jeremias Maerki

Hi Jeremias,
   Thank you for detailed information.
   I am facing similar issues of warning for "auto table" format in FOP,
even though i have kept table-layout="fixed". Do you think it is anywhere
related to font structure?
   Can you please tell me how to rectify this warning as my client is pretty
much concerned about multiple occurrences of it & thinks it's an application
problem resulting in warning.
Thanks & Regards,
Akshay

Re: Processing Feedback: Notification for Missing Font

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.