Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Romuald Colletaz <ro...@businessobjects.com> on 2001/10/12 10:02:50 UTC

CLASSPATH with Tomcat 4.0

hi,

I use tomcat 4.0 (running with NT service) with W2K Server.
I want to use Oracle connectivty in my web application, so I need to use
oracle.jdbc.driver.* package (which is not installed in tomcat folders
describes in class loader in the documentation).

Is it possible to enforce tomcat to use CLASSPATH variables to determine
package location? Or is there another way to specify the location of the
package to use?

thanks for your help,

Romuald

Re: CLASSPATH with Tomcat 4.0

Posted by asheesh <as...@q2aindia.com>.
U can set ur classpath as environment variable and tomcat can pick that,
else just look in to tomcat.bat or startup.bat file. by this u can force
classpath, but this is true for tomcat as a separate application and i am
not sure about the service.
The other possible way out is place ur class/jar file in lib folder of
tomcat.

regards
asheesh