Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Hoepfner-Homme <pa...@oven.com> on 2000/10/06 19:59:43 UTC

Getting there... but how to stop automatic contexts?

Hey guys, I decided to give up on the mod_jk thing (I could spend months
on that, I bet), and go back to Tomcat 3.1 instead of 3.2beta4 using
JServ to connect with Apache.  That works fine, but I notice that when
Tomcat starts, it shows these messages (in addition to the standard
context init messages):

Context log: path="/admin" Automatic context load
docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/admin"
Context log: path="/admin" Adding context path="/admin"
docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/admin"
Context log: path="/template" Automatic context load
docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/template"
Context log: path="/template" Adding context path="/template"
docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/template"

/admin and /template are just some directories that I have in /webapps,
but I don't want Tomcat to automatically mount these contexts, only the
ones I have defined in server.xml.  Is there a way to stop Tomcat from
automatically mounting them, and only to mount the ones I tell it to
explicitly in server.xml?

Thanks
--
Paul Hoepfner-Homme
paulh@oven.com

OVEN Digital | http://www.oven.com/

Re: Getting there... but how to stop automatic contexts?

Posted by Nick Holloway <Ni...@pyrites.org.uk>.
paulh@oven.com (Paul Hoepfner-Homme) writes:
> Context log: path="/admin" Automatic context load
> docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/admin"
> [...]
>                                     Is there a way to stop Tomcat from
> automatically mounting them, and only to mount the ones I tell it to
> explicitly in server.xml?

Remove the following from "server.xml":

    <ContextInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.context.AutoSetup" />

This is responsible for performing the automatic loading of contexts.

--
 `O O'  | Nick.Holloway@pyrites.org.uk
// ^ \\ | http://www.pyrites.org.uk/

Re: Getting there... but how to stop automatic contexts?

Posted by Paul Hoepfner-Homme <pa...@oven.com>.
Thanks, but I'm not going to try wrestling with mod_jk anymore.  I've
got it all working fine with JServ now.  And people can ignore my other
message about "automatic contexts" because it's actually not a problem
either.

Thanks for all your help though,
Paul

Posted by kenneth topp <ca...@prodigy.net>.