Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "G. Todd Miller - XML Tech Ctr - Development" <Gl...@Sun.COM> on 2001/11/20 20:58:06 UTC

Xalan dependent on Xerces?

Quick question on xerces.jar and Xalan:

In xml-xalan/java/src/org/apache/xml/dtm/ref, there are several dependencies
on xerces, and therefore building xalan seems to require 'xerces.jar' to
be available to the build process. Is 'xerces.jar' required to build Xalan?
Grep for 'xerces' in that directory lists the following:

DTMManagerDefault.java:          &&
(reader.getClass().getName().equals("org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser") );

IncrementalSAXSource_Filter.java:      new
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser();

IncrementalSAXSource_Xerces.java:import org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser;

IncrementalSAXSource_Xerces.java:                       Class
xniConfigClass=me.forName("org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration")
;

IncrementalSAXSource_Xerces.java:                       Class
xniStdConfigClass=me.forName("org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfigurat
ion");

IncrementalSAXSource_Xerces.java:                       Class
fXniInputSourceClass=me.forName("org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLInputSource");

Thanks for any help,

Todd

G. Todd Miller                        Sun Microsystems Computer Company
Software Systems Engineer             2 Network Drive, MS UBUR02-201
GE&IS XML Tech Center                 Burlington, MA 01803-0903
                                      781 442-0176
                                      781 442-1437 (fax)
                                      todd.miller@east.sun.com