Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Jack McCluskey via dev <de...@beam.apache.org> on 2023/04/26 19:14:29 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.47.0, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #3 for the version 1.2.3,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Reviewers are encouraged to test their own use cases with the release
candidate, and vote +1 if no issues are found.

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* GitHub Release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint DF3CBA4F3F4199F4 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.47.0-RC1" [5],
* website pull request listing the release [6], the blog post [6], and
publishing the API reference manual [7].
* Java artifacts were built with Gradle 7.5.1 and OpenJDK/Oracle JDK
8.0.322.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2] and PyPI[8].
* Go artifacts and documentation are available at pkg.go.dev [9]
* Validation sheet with a tab for 2.47.0 release to help with validation
[10].
* Docker images published to Docker Hub [11].
* PR to run tests against release branch [12].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

For guidelines on how to try the release in your projects, check out our
blog post at /blog/validate-beam-release/.

*Note: Dataflow containers for Java are still being finalized. I will
follow up once that is completed; however, this should not block validation
for other SDKs and runners. *

Thanks,

Jack McCluskey

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam/milestone/10
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.47.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1309/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.47.0-RC1
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/644
[8] https://pypi.org/project/apache-beam/2.47.0rc1/
[9]
https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/apache/beam/sdks/v2@v2.47.0-RC1/go/pkg/beam
[10]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=.
..
[11] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image

Jack McCluskey
SWE - DataPLS PLAT/ Dataflow ML
RDU
jrmccluskey@google.com

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.47.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Jack McCluskey via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
The move to support and require protobuf v4 in the python SDK has
inadvertently broken downstream users who depend on Beam, who have asked if
that requirement can be lowered to also allow protobuf v3. Further
investigation has determined that the lower bounds of this requirement can
be relaxed without any problems. As a result, we will be building an RC2 to
resolve this issue and unblock users. This vote is closed, and I'll send a
new vote out once RC2 is available.

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Jack McCluskey via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.