Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/18 14:15:29 UTC

Accumulo Config Question

All,

Is anybody using ZK to configure Accumulo?

Heretofore, I've been focused on Accumulo and Zookeeper was just a means to
that end.  Lately, I dug a bit into ZK and learned one of it's purposes is
to provide a common point of configuration.  But in the Accumulo
documentation, I've seen nothing about using ZK in that way.  Is anybody
using ZK to configure Accumulo? e.g. speccing the slaves list in ZK as
opposed to the conf directory.

Thanks

--
There are ways and there are ways,

Geoffry Roberts

Re: Accumulo Config Question

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
People tend to make configuration changes by zookeeper first, and then
migrate them to the config files for CM/documentation purposes.

We could get the config files from HDFS, but that's not supported right
now.  Accumulo 1.6 can get jar files from there, for the reason you state:
it simplifies deploying the correct file to all nodes in the cluster.

-Eric

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.