Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/21 20:00:03 UTC

[POOL] get rid of suite() and TestAll classes?

I'd like to get rid of the suite() methods and TestAll classes in Pool
(as I did recently for DBCP).

There don't appear to be any missing tests currently, and the Maven
and Ant builds currently run the same number of tests, but using
TestAll and suite() is more effort to maintain.

WDYT?

RE: [POOL] get rid of suite() and TestAll classes?

Posted by Gary Gregory <GG...@seagullsoftware.com>.
+1. Since IDEs like Eclipse let you run all tests in a package or folder I do not think anything would be lost.

Gary

Re: [CODEC] Get rid of suite() and TestAll classes?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 22/01/2010, Gary Gregory <GG...@seagullsoftware.com> wrote:
> Same idea for [CODEC] as the message below RE [POOL]

+1 from me (obviously).

Note that Surefire allows individual tests to be run by using the
-Dtest=TestClassName command-line qualifier, and similar functionality
can be implemented in Ant build files - see for example DBCP and POOL.

Posted by Gary Gregory <GG...@seagullsoftware.com>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
sebb wrote at Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2010 20:00:

> I'd like to get rid of the suite() methods and TestAll classes in Pool
> (as I did recently for DBCP).
>
> There don't appear to be any missing tests currently, and the Maven
> and Ant builds currently run the same number of tests, but using
> TestAll and suite() is more effort to maintain.
>
> WDYT?
+1