Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Hoang-Vu PHUNG <hv...@yahoo.fr> on 2011/05/05 22:54:49 UTC

Re : Tapestry 5.2.5 and jboss6

Hi Adam,

IMHO, I would think that if the web server is running in the same JVM as the EJB container, the performance could be drastically improved: no need for serialization, net work problem etc...

Also for testing purpose, if everything is in-process, then testing is really a pleasure. We have done with Jboss-Embedded / maven / anthill.
The build is only sucessful if all tests passed.

We used Jboss for years and it is quite robust.

Well, the downside is the scalability : JVM memory may be limited on some platform and web application is really a memory hog.

Thanks and Regards,
Vu

________________________________
De : Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>
À : Tapestry users <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
Envoyé le : Jeudi 5 Mai 2011 22h34
Objet : Re : Tapestry 5.2.5 and jboss6

I'm not sure if our setup will be of any help but...

We use JBoss 6 with Tapestry 5.2.5, but indirectly. What is your
purpose for needing JBoss to power Tapestry?  If it's for EJBs, we
have a separate EJB server running our EJBs, and Jetty running
Tapestry. We have an EJB module for Tapestry which sets up all the EJB
proxies and we simply @Inject this and that for all service calls.
Works beautifully.

Adam