Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Russ Leong <ru...@kikuze.com> on 2002/05/02 06:07:01 UTC

Re: Unable to connect to Oracle database

Hi,
    can someone clarify if the following messages(Delist, Rollback) are
normal and ignorable in Slide initialization?
---------------------------
slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore - INFO - Connecting to
"jdbc:oracle:thin:pm2/pm2@192.168.42.8:1521:pm2" as user "pm2"
org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore - INFO - Delisting service
slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore@63cd51 from active transaction
with failure
org.apache.slide.transaction.SlideTransactionManager - INFO - Rollback
Transaction 1 xid ApplicationServerThread-1020310719531-1- in thread
ApplicationServerThread
---------------------------

    if it is ignorable, the second thing I would like to know is, if the
following data is the database's PERMISSION table
---------------------------
OBJECT    SUBJECT    ACTION    INHERITABLE    NEGATIVE
/                 /users/root    /actions        1
0
/users         /users/root    /actions        1                            0
---------------------------
am I right to say that for user root, he has all permissions found in
/actions recursive at "/" and "/users"? if so, when I run the following code
:

SlideToken token = new SlideTokenImpl(new CredentialsToken(new
String("root")));
struct.create(token, new SubjectNode(), "/users/tom");

I will get the following messages :
---------------------------
org.apache.slide.common.SlideException - DEBUG -
org.apache.slide.structure.ObjectNotFoundException: No object found at
/users/tom
     at
slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore.retrieveObject(JDBCDescriptorsStor
e.java:584)
     at
org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore.retrieveObject(StandardStore.java:171)
     at
org.apache.slide.structure.StructureImpl.create(StructureImpl.java:322)
org.apache.slide.common.Domain - DEBUG - Checking basic permissions on new
object
org.apache.slide.common.Domain - DEBUG - Basic permissions granted for user
root
WARNING - WARNING: No active transaction
WARNING - WARNING: No active transaction

If anymore information is needed pls let me know, I have been trying to do
this for more than a week and still no progress.....

Russ