Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by cem <ca...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/11 11:36:45 UTC

TTL 3 hours + GC grace 0

Hi All,

I am using TTL 3 hours and GC grace 0 for a CF. I have a normal CF that has
records with TTL 3 hours and I dont send any delete request. I just wonder
if using GC grace 0 will cause any problem except extra Memory/IO/network
load. I know that gc grace is for not transferring deleted records after a
down node comes back. So  I assumed that transferring expired records will
not cause any problem.

Do you have any idea? Thank you!

Regards,
Cem.