Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alok Bhandari <al...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/21 09:31:45 UTC

Solr cloud facet query returning incorrect results

Hello All ,

we are using Solr6.2 , in schema that we use we have an integer field. For
a given query we want to know how many documents have duplicate value for
the field , for an example how many documents have same doc_id=10.

So to find this information we fire a query to solr-cloud with following
parameters

"q":"organization:abc",
      "facet.limit":"10",
      "facet.field":"doc_id",
      "indent":"on",
      "fl":"archive_id",
      "facet.mincount":"2",
    "facet":"true",

But in response we get that there are no documents having duplicate
doc_id as in facet query response we are not getting any facet_counts
, but if I change the query to "q":"organization:abc AND doc_id:10"
then in response I can see that there are 3 docs with doc_id=10.

This behavior seems contrary to how facets behave , so wanted to know
if there is any possible reason for this type of behavior.

Re: Solr cloud facet query returning incorrect results

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
This should work as you expect, so the first thing I’d do
is add &debug=query and see the parsed query in both cases.

If that doesn’t show anything, please post the
full debug response in both cases.

Best,
Erick