Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2006/09/14 00:53:12 UTC

Revised 10.2 contents

I just wanted to confirm that we have reached consensus on the revised
contents of the 10.2 release and that we do not need to call a vote.
Please speak up if you don't agree or if you think we need to formalize
our decision with a vote:

1) 10.2 will be distributed with the source code for our JDBC4
implementation but not the compiled JDBC4 implementation.

2) By default, when run on Java SE 6, 10.2 will expose our JDBC3
implementation.

3) The user guides will continue to document the behavior of both the
JDBC3 and JDB4 implementations, will state that JDBC3 is the default
implementation even when running on Java SE 6, and will refer the user
to the Release Notes for details on how to build and exercise the
optional JDBC4 implementation.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: Revised 10.2 contents

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Hi David,

I agree. If we have converged on a plan, then we should let the user
community know as soon as possible.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: Revised 10.2 contents