Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ve...@btopenworld.com on 2002/08/21 08:18:46 UTC

Struts event cycle

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with the way in which one of my JSP pages is behaving and think that it is down to the way we have coded the Struts Form and Action classes. So I'm trying to sort out in my mind the sequence in which events happen when I submit a form. I think that it follows this pattern, assuming that all the validaion works:

  1. Press Submit
  2. Java Script Validation
  3. Form Object Created (if not done already)
  4. reset called on form
  5. Form values populated
  6. validate called on form (if required by config.xml)
  7. Action object created
  8. doPerform called on Action

Is this correct?

Will an interaction diagram be included in the reworked documentation that has been
mentioned (Sorry if there is one, I couldn't find it)

Thanks for any help
IV