Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by John Dahlstrom <j0...@optonline.net> on 2004/12/29 19:19:03 UTC

Where does Cocoon fit into the XML Binding space?

Hi,

Recently on the TheServerSide.com, there was a news forum item called
"Opinion: What tool for xml binding?"
http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=30658.  I'm new
to Cocoon and I've been wondering how it fits into this space.
Particularly, can it do what XStream does?

Specifically, I'm developing Laszlo apps (http://www.laszlosystems.org)
and would like to use a framework of this type to generate XML laszlo
data sources.

Thanks,
John

Re: XML editor like Xopus

Posted by javascript <ja...@tin.it>.
Christian Stocker wrote:

> On 29.12.2004 21:56 Uhr, javascript wrote:
>
>> Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

>>> what were the problems you saw? i doubt you'll find a better xml
>>> editor for mozilla.
>>>
>> It is not compatible with Mozilla 1.7.3.
>>
>> For this reason I use Firefox 1.0 (with Apache 2.x), but when I save
>> a document I receive this error:
>>
>> Document couldn't be saved XML Parsing Error: syntax error Location:
>> http://localhost:8080/bxe-1.0.0/examples/inlineXHTML/inline.xml?exit=false
>> Line Number 1, Column 50: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML
>> 2.0//EN"> -------------------------------------------------^undefined
>

> IIRC I already mentioned that to you... Without a serverside
> script/program handling your request, save does not work. Especially
> not in the examples.. You need something on the server side, which
> takes care of the PUT request sent to
> http://localhost:8080/bxe-1.0.0/examples/inlineXHTML/inline.xml
>
> It's not BXE's fault, that save doesn't work in your case. I assume,
> it sends a perfect valid PUT request with the edited XML to your http
> server...
>
> chregu
>

>> Xopus works normally but it is not free and I should use an xml
>> editor for a demo with Cocoon...

Yes, it is correct. I think that the PUT management should be
configured, but I search an editor more easily in the installation
because is not for me.

Re: XML editor like Xopus

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@bitflux.ch>.

--
christian stocker | Bitflux GmbH | schoeneggstrasse 5 | ch-8004 zurich
phone +41 1 240 56 70 | mobile +41 76 561 88 60  | fax +41 1 240 56 71

Re: Parameters with portal

Posted by javascript <ja...@tin.it>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> javascript wrote:
>
>> I need help with portal engine.
>>
>> I am creating a form in a coplet but when I try to transfer the
>> parameters from a page to another in the same coplet, these do not
>> come added to the sequence and I have one similar that:
>>
>> edit.do?page=index?copletid=app-wiki-1
>>
>> instead that:
>> edit.do?page=index&copletid=app-wiki-1
>>
>> The portal has an error because receive the wrong parameter
>> (index?copletid=app-wiki-1).
>>

> Which version of Cocoon are you using? I think this is fixed in 2.1.6.
>
> Carsten

I'm using 2.1.6 but I solved it in another way.

I receive the parameters and store them in the session and not in the URL.

In this way I have integrated a wiki editor in the portal engine.

Re: Parameters with portal

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Parameters with portal

Re: XML editor like Xopus