Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by j3rem1e <je...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/01 14:07:33 UTC

Karaf 2.4.0 and FileInstall

Hello,

this question is not directly associated with Karaf 2.4, but it's a
regression from Karaf 2.3.x : the "felix.fileinstall.filter" properties is
not always applied.

When Karaf start, FileInstall register all bundles installed which location
match the scanner location. After that, these bundles are involved in the
start/stop/refresh check. The bug here is that the search don't apply the
name filter :
Karaf use fileinstall in folder 'etc' with the pattern *.cfg, but
fileinstall register all bundles which location starts with "etc"
("blueprint:file:etc/myfile.xml") and then try to start/refresh this bundle.

If this bundle is registered by another configuration a fileinstall
(folder:"etc", filter:"*.xml", startLevel=90), there is a race condition
between the two scanners and the bundle is sometimes not started.

If i'm not wrong, the correction is simple :
DirectoryWatch.initializeCurrentManagedBundles must check the bundle
location against the filename regex.

I don't know if there is a dedicated mailinglist/forum for
felix.fileinstall, i apologize if it is not the right place..

Re: Karaf 2.4.0 and FileInstall

Posted by j3rem1e <je...@gmail.com>.
thanks, i have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-4661 with
a patch.

Re: Karaf 2.4.0 and FileInstall

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Please raise an issue on the FELIX issue tracker for that, and eventually
one for KARAF to make sure we don't forget upgrading when fileinstall will
be released.
Thx !