Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Sergiy Shyrkov <my...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/26 15:22:54 UTC

Feature and Karaf upgrades

Hello guys,

I would need some hints / help on the following topic, please.

What is the best or proper approach to "replace" (upgrade) of a feature in
Karaf, say, we would like to replace feature "foo-1.0" with "foo-2.0". Our
migration tool is running off-line (Karaf is stopped) and copying the
artifacts/feature descriptor for foo-2.0 to the Karaf system folder (so
the artifacts are available). Now, what is the way to let Karaf upgrade to
that feature when started?

A similar question for the upgrade of Karaf itself.
I saw the "Upgrade guide" (at
https://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/update-notes.html#_update_guide ).
Does it mean that after an upgrade of Karaf we would need to start a clean
container (meaning purging the data folder with bundle cache, etc.)?

Thank you very much in advance for any hints / directions!

Kind regards
Sergiy

--
Sergiy Shyrkov
Software Architect

Re: Feature and Karaf upgrades

Posted by Sergiy Shyrkov <my...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

thank you for the prompt reply and for the details Achim!
We are using Karaf 4.0.5, so this is promising :-)

Kind regards
Sergiy

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sergiy,