Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Andrey Morskoy <mo...@ciklum.com> on 2017/02/24 10:35:08 UTC

How counters are actually filled in a source

Could you please explain a code pattern for situation:
In a data-stream-recvr.cc there is section:
  buffer_full_wall_timer_ = ADD_TIMER(profile_, "SendersBlockedTimer");

But I could not find the code section responsible for increment this timer.
Thanks

Re: How counters are actually filled in a source

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>.
The timer is added to the runtime profile by ADD_TIMER(), and incremented
by CANCEL_SAFE_SCOPED_TIMER(), as Andrey said. What's the issue you're
seeing?

--
Henry Robinson
Software Engineer

Re: How counters are actually filled in a source

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrey Morskoy <mo...@ciklum.com>.
Seems that's it: