Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Jeff Prickett <pr...@shpimp.com> on 2002/01/23 21:25:33 UTC

Re: iCalendar

Danny Angus wrote:

> Jeff
> Ah, right I get it now.. I've read the rfcs' abstacts and skimmed the
> javadocs anyway.
> cool.
> Once you get sorted in commons what's the plan? I'd be happy to lend a hand.
>
> d.

OK cool.
A lot of things need to happen but the good news is that some of them
can happen in parallel.

First I will try to create a to do list
Then stabilize the package structure and fix some of the old
functionality that I had to break to get a clean build

Once we get the to do list I want to immediately get anyone who is
interested involved in a to do item.

ABSOLUTELY NO WORK HAS BEEN DONE ON RFCs 2446 and 2447.

Dividing up work will be the fun job.

I could see you really helping out with RFC 2447. The one about
formatting iCalendar objects for a mail message. I am positive that with
you being someone on the JAMES list that you could probably eat that for
breakfast

I have a package called org.apache.icalendar.io which will be used to
output icalendar objects. I was hoping to write a pair of classes
similar to ObjectOutputStream and ObjectInputStream. Probably called
ICalOutputStream and ICalInputStream which would be used to read and
write ICalendar objects.

Then, I think that we should have some serious discussions about iTIP.
This is where most of the new development will be. ITIP is a 108 page
document so I am sure implementing this could could take some CPU
cycles.

Anyway, That should get us started.

Thanks
Jeff Prickett