Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by lpfarris <lo...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/09 19:35:40 UTC

Re: SSL with client authentification?

I am trying to enable SSL client authentication. Throwing a few extra logging
statements into the snapshot release shows me I'm almost there. When
org.apache.activemq.util.IntrospectionSupport is trying to
setNeedClientAuth(true) on the SSL server socket, I get the exception
(normally ignored):

INFO  IntrospectionSupport           - java.lang.IllegalAccessException:
Class org.apache.activemq.util.IntrospectionSupport can not access a member
of class com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl with modifiers "public
synchronized"

Before I go coding up a new transport to work around this, I wonder if I am
missing something?

I am running on a 2.6.9 linux kernel with Sun's java 1.5.0_06

Re: SSL with client authentification?

Posted by lpfarris <lo...@gmail.com>.
Rough patch is attached. My next step is to figure out how to use that
properly for authc and authz purposes.
It works with "transport.socket.needClientAuth=true" and
transport.socket.wantClientAuth=true"

  -Lorenzo

James.Strachan wrote:

> We welcome patches if you want to patch the code to do what you need :)
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/contributing.html
>
> On 8/9/06, lpfarris <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for clarifying that for me. I suspect my best bet in the short
>> term is
>> going to be extending the relevant classes in
>> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp for my purposes.
>> cheers,
>>      Lorenzo
>>
>> --

> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

http://www.nabble.com/user-files/235718/ssl_client_auth_patch.txt
ssl_client_auth_patch.txt

Re: SSL with client authentification?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
We welcome patches if you want to patch the code to do what you need :)

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/contributing.html

On 8/9/06, lpfarris <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for clarifying that for me. I suspect my best bet in the short term is
> going to be extending the relevant classes in
> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp for my purposes.
> cheers,
>      Lorenzo

James
-------

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
It looks like that class can't be used properly with introspection as
it is not a valid JavaBean property as the getter is not called
isNeedClientAuth()

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/javax/net/ssl/SSLSocket.html#getNeedClientAuth()

it looks like we'll need to patch our introspector to deal with bad
bean properties or hand-craft the SSL transport to specifically deal
with this limitation.

Posted by lpfarris <lo...@gmail.com>.