Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mike <mz...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/31 08:34:46 UTC

Accounting preferences and blank SeqCustMethod's

After setting up my test company (US_IRS_1040), the following
interesting fields (****)  were blank in PartyAcctgPreference.

partyId	Company
invoiceSeqCustMethId	INV_HOOK_ENF_SEQ
quoteSeqCustMethId	****
orderSeqCustMethId	****
refundPaymentMethodId  ****
errorGlJournalId	ERROR_JOURNAL
oldInvoiceSequenceEnumId	INVSQ_ENF_SEQ
oldOrderSequenceEnumId	ODRSQ_ENF_SEQ
oldQuoteSequenceEnumId	QTESQ_ENF_SEQ

Is it OK that they are blank, or is there a recommended value to set these to?

Thanks

Re: Accounting preferences and blank SeqCustMethod's

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Mike,

You only need them if you want to enforce sequences (ie have no holes in Ids sequences). Short and rough explanation: OFBiz uses an
Id Seq. optimisation mechanism which allocates blocks of Ids (see SequenceBank.fillBank() method in SequenceUtil.java) . If, for
instance, you restart your machine then you will get a hole because a new block will be allocated and some Ids lost. This is really
annoying for invoices, that's why you have by default

> invoiceSeqCustMethId="INV_HOOK_ENF_SEQ"

But it's less annoying for quotes an orders. So if you don't need enforsed seq. ids for your quotes an orders, then you can forget
them

> oldInvoiceSequenceEnumId="INVSQ_ENF_SEQ"
> oldOrderSequenceEnumId="ODRSQ_ENF_SEQ"
> oldQuoteSequenceEnumId="QTESQ_ENF_SEQ"

Are not methods but the fields references in CustomMethod Entity.

Jacques

From: "Mike" <mz...@gmail.com>

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.
Thanks  Jacques: