Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Timothy Victor <vi...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/24 13:47:46 UTC

Job crashing cluster

If a flink job crashes during startup (throws exception) the entire cluster
goes down.   This is even on a simple bare metal host.

I have tried catching the exception, but even that didnt prevent the JM and
cluster from crashing.

Has anyone run into this problem?

I'm on Flink 1.7.1

Thanks

Tim

Re: Job crashing cluster

Posted by Timothy Victor <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply Sushant.  I think this was a dumb error on my part.
Even though I was catching the exception in main, I was calling sys.exit
(as I would normally in a standalone app) and this was causing JM to exit.

Tim

Re: Job crashing cluster

Posted by Sushant Sawant <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,