Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Paul Lindner <pl...@hi5.com> on 2008/05/16 11:29:53 UTC

Pushing towards 0.8

Hi, long time no commit.

So I¹m starting the hi5 rebase to trunk now.  I¹m also interested in getting
as many 0.8 features incorporated as possible.  Basically I want to commit
0.8 code to shindig repo instead of committing hackish workaround to my
local repo.

We should go through the 0.8 changes one by one and open JIRA issues for any
feature that is not implemented.  Perhaps prefix them with 0.8 so they can
be easily filtered.  (Alternatively we can create the ³0.8² version of
shindig and just mark all 0.8 bugs fixed in version ³0.8²)

Regards,
Paul

Re: Pushing towards 0.8

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.
So, the final list is the "approved" tab in the spreadsheet and also
the docs that Dan Peterson posted to the spec group.

I was actually going to wait until we are done with the final draft
for 0.8 before starting the js interface stuff. The community has
already found a couple of bugs in what we had written. (at least in
the js docs)

The java/xml changes will probably be relatively extensive and the js
will be mostly a copy/paste job with a conversion file. (The
conversion file will prob be hardest - the copy/paste code comes from
the spec files that are posted with the spec - I had to write all of
those already :)

So my vote is to do all of the gadgets xml stuff now, we can copy
paste the interface changes for opensocial and gadgets js as soon as
those are final (monday?), and then we can write the .7 to .8
conversion file along with any implementation changes that need to be
made to the js.

- Cassie

Re: Pushing towards 0.8

Posted by Brian Eaton <be...@google.com>.
On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 2:54 AM, Kevin Brown <et...@google.com> wrote:
> I brought this up in an email last week -- I think all 0.8 changes can be
> implemented while retaining backwards compatibility. If we see anything that
> can't, we can figure out a way to work around it.

I'd like to break compatibility with the OAuth support in 0.7.  No one
that I know of has written anything other than a toy gadget on the
current interface, and the 0.8 interface is much nicer.

Re: Pushing towards 0.8

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.