Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Rich Catlett <ri...@more.net> on 2001/08/09 22:23:59 UTC

getting attachments back from a messging service

I'm looking for suggestions from anyone who has done this.  I'm looking
to send an XML document back, and possibly in the future send back other
items as attachments.  I already sent a question about adding these
attachments to the response so they get back.  This question is about
retrieving them and telling the difference between an error sent back in
an envelope, and the XML document snet back as the rootpart to the
response and possible attachments.  For a message there is a
getSOAPContext which returns the SOAPContext that correspondes to the
response from there I assume I could get the rootpart which would either
be the envelope which contains the Soapexception which I could then
parse with regular expressions to pull out what I want, or it would be
the XML response that I am expecting.  Since I have a SOAPContext which
is the response I would then be able to extract any extra bodyparts
being the attachments that got sent back.
Could somebody please respond and tell me if I am barking up the right
tree or if I should go a different route.
Thanks.

Rich Catlett