Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Josema Alonso <al...@aafunky.com> on 2002/12/20 10:32:30 UTC

how to deserializing a DOM Element?

Dear all,

I'm a newbie trying to make a web service work. I have a method like this:

public Class Recordings {
 public Element getEquipmentTypes() {
   Element resultElement;
   return resultElement;
 }
}

The resultElement is built ok. I can deploy the service and make it work.
I have tried to make a SOAP request to this service. It works ok from Cocoon
using XSP.
I have also tried from Websphere Developer and .Net and I've found an error:
it cannot foud a deserializer for the Element. The relevant part of the WSDL
file is:
<wsdl:types>
  <schema targetNamespace="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
          xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
    <element name="Element" nillable="true" type="apachesoap:Element"/>
  </schema>
</wsdl:types>
<wsdl:message name="getEquipmentTypesResponse">
  <wsdl:part name="getEquipmentTypesReturn" type="apachesoap:Element"/>
</wsdl:message>

I have searched the archives and tried a couple solutiones I found there
with no luck. Am I missing something?

Can anybody help me, please?

ps: since I started with web services I can't beliebe sending XML in a SOAP
envelope is the most difficult thing to achieve...

RE: how to deserializing a DOM Element?

Posted by Josema Alonso <al...@aafunky.com>.
Ooops...quick followup...
Forgot to mention I get the resource on the server side in a DOM Element
from a native XML database, so I should serialize it to String there then. I
think it would be easier if I could send the DOM Element as it is and the
client could deserialize it.

how to unsubscribe

Posted by Nitesh Garg <in...@yahoo.com>.

 "Brian W. Young" <by...@decadesystems.com> wrote:Are you sure you don't want to just send the XML as String data and then