Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Antony Awaida <an...@apporto.com> on 2018/05/20 02:40:07 UTC

Guac on Chromebook - No sound

Hi Everyone:

Getting ready for an important customer demo - need help.

Setup guac 0.9.13 WIndows 2016.

When we connect using a WIndows PC, or Mac OSX sound input and output work
fine.

When we use the same connection from a Chromebook or an iPad, no sound
input or output.

Questions:

- Has anyone been able to get sound to work on Chromebook/iPad?
- Any insights/pointers?

Thanks!

--
Antony Awaida
www.apporto.com

Re: Guac on Chromebook - No sound

Posted by Antony Awaida <an...@apporto.com>.
Thanks Mike for the prompt response:

When I look at the Chrome console on the Chromebook, there is an
error: app.js?v=0.9.13-incubating:3 The AudioContext was not allowed to
start. It must be resume (or created) after a user gesture on the page.
https://goo.gl/7K7WLu

Apparently Google has introduced a new "feature" that prevents autostart of
sound - But it was rolled back in Chrome for a few months based on
pushback. https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=835767. So
sound is working for now but we will need to develop a fix before the
re-introduction of the feature.

Anyway, hope this is of value to someone on the list.

Cheers,
Antony

ᐧ

--