Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2006/08/05 00:40:40 UTC

Tax Information

If anyone would like to contribute their TaxAuthority seed data file -
it would be a great benefit.  I'm having trouble getting the
DemoTaxAuthority.xml translated to do just california based taxes.

I've added the GIAccount entries from the
DemoGeneralChartOfAccounts.xml, but I want to add counties, etc to the
list as well?

I"ve attached my existing CompanyTaxAuthority.xml at the end of the email.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

=========

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<entity-engine-xml>
  <!-- LIABILITIES -->
  <GlAccount parentGlAccountId="" glAccountId="200000" accountCode="200000"
    glAccountClassId="LIABILITY" glAccountTypeId="" glResourceTypeId="MONEY"
    accountName="LIABILITIES" description="" postedBalance="0.0"/>

  <GlAccount parentGlAccountId="200000" glAccountId="220000" accountCode="220000"
    glAccountClassId="CURRENT_LIABILITY" glAccountTypeId="CURRENT_LIABILITY" glResourceTypeId="MONEY"
    accountName="ACCRUED EXPENSES" description="" postedBalance="0.0"/>
  <GlAccount parentGlAccountId="220000" glAccountId="221000" accountCode="221000"
    glAccountClassId="CURRENT_LIABILITY" glAccountTypeId="CURRENT_LIABILITY" glResourceTypeId="MONEY"
    accountName="ACCRUED PAYROLL" description="" postedBalance="0.0"/>

  <GlAccount parentGlAccountId="220000" glAccountId="224000" accountCode="224000"
    glAccountClassId="CURRENT_LIABILITY" glAccountTypeId="CURRENT_LIABILITY" glResourceTypeId="MONEY"
    accountName="SALES TAX COLLECTED" description="" postedBalance="0.0"/>

    <!-- USA Sales Tax Accounts -->
    <GlAccount parentGlAccountId="224000" glAccountId="224100" accountCode="224100" glAccountClassId="CURRENT_LIABILITY" glAccountTypeId="CURRENT_LIABILITY" glResourceTypeId="MONEY"
        accountName="SALES TAX COLLECTED USA" description="" postedBalance="0.0"/>
    <GlAccount parentGlAccountId="224100" glAccountId="224106" accountCode="224106" glAccountClassId="CURRENT_LIABILITY" glAccountTypeId="CURRENT_LIABILITY" glResourceTypeId="MONEY"
        accountName="SALES TAX COLLECTED USA - CA" description="" postedBalance="0.0"/>

    <!-- Tax Parties -->
    <Party partyId="USA_IRS" partyTypeId="PARTY_GROUP"/>
    <PartyGroup partyId="USA_IRS" groupName="United States of America - Internal Revenue Service"/>
    <PartyRole partyId="USA_IRS" roleTypeId="TAX_AUTHORITY"/>

    <Party partyId="CA_BOE" partyTypeId="PARTY_GROUP"/>
    <PartyGroup partyId="CA_BOE" groupName="State of Calilfornia Board of Equalization"/>
    <ContactMech contactMechId="CA_BOE_0" contactMechTypeId="POSTAL_ADDRESS"/>
    <PostalAddress contactMechId="CA_BOE_0" toName="Board of Equalization" address1="P O BOX 942879" city="Sacramento" stateProvinceGeoId="CA" postalCode="94279" countryGeoId="USA"/>
    <PartyContactMech partyId="CA_BOE" contactMechId="CA_BOE_0" fromDate="2000-01-01 00:00:00.000" allowSolicitation="N"/>
    <PartyContactMechPurpose partyId="CA_BOE" contactMechId="CA_BOE_0" contactMechPurposeTypeId="PAYMENT_LOCATION" fromDate="2000-01-01 00:00:00.000"/>
    <PartyRole partyId="CA_BOE" roleTypeId="TAX_AUTHORITY"/>

    <!-- _NA_ TaxAuthority defs -->
    <TaxAuthority taxAuthGeoId="_NA_" taxAuthPartyId="_NA_" includeTaxInPrice="N"/>
    <TaxAuthorityGlAccount taxAuthGeoId="_NA_" taxAuthPartyId="_NA_" organizationPartyId="Company" glAccountId="224000"/>
    <TaxAuthorityCategory taxAuthGeoId="_NA_" taxAuthPartyId="_NA_" productCategoryId="100"/>

   <!-- taxAuthorityRateSeqId left blank to be auto-sequenced during the EE XML import -->
    <TaxAuthorityRateProduct taxAuthorityRateSeqId="9000" taxAuthGeoId="_NA_" taxAuthPartyId="_NA_" taxAuthorityRateTypeId="SALES_TAX" productStoreId="9000"
        productCategoryId="" titleTransferEnumId="" minItemPrice="25.00" minPurchase="0.00" taxShipping="N" taxPercentage="1"
        fromDate="2001-05-13 00:00:00.001" thruDate="" description="1% OFB _NA_ Tax"/>

    <!-- USA TaxAuthority defs -->
    <TaxAuthority taxAuthGeoId="USA" taxAuthPartyId="USA_IRS" taxIdFormatPattern="\d{2}\-\d{7}|\d{3}\-\d{2}\-\d{4}" includeTaxInPrice="N"/>
    <TaxAuthorityGlAccount taxAuthGeoId="USA" taxAuthPartyId="USA_IRS" organizationPartyId="Company" glAccountId="224106"/>

    <TaxAuthority taxAuthGeoId="CA" taxAuthPartyId="CA_BOE" includeTaxInPrice="N"/>
    <TaxAuthorityGlAccount taxAuthGeoId="CA" taxAuthPartyId="CA_BOE" organizationPartyId="Company" glAccountId="224106"/>
    <TaxAuthorityAssoc taxAuthGeoId="USA" taxAuthPartyId="USA_IRS" toTaxAuthGeoId="CA" toTaxAuthPartyId="CA_BOE" taxAuthorityAssocTypeId="EXEMPT_INHER" fromDate="2001-05-13 00:00:00.001" thruDate=""/>
    <TaxAuthorityRateProduct taxAuthorityRateSeqId="9001" taxAuthGeoId="CA" taxAuthPartyId="CA_BOE" taxAuthorityRateTypeId="SALES_TAX" productStoreId="9000"
        productCategoryId="" titleTransferEnumId="" minItemPrice="0.00" minPurchase="0.00" taxShipping="N" taxPercentage="6.25"
        fromDate="2001-05-13 00:00:00.001" thruDate="" description="California State Sales Tax"/>

    <!-- Party TaxAuthority info for Company -->
    <PartyTaxAuthInfo partyId="Company" taxAuthGeoId="_NA_" taxAuthPartyId="_NA_" fromDate="2001-05-13 00:00:00.001" thruDate="" partyTaxId="" isExempt="" isNexus="Y"/>
    <PartyTaxAuthInfo partyId="Company" taxAuthGeoId="USA" taxAuthPartyId="USA_IRS" fromDate="2001-05-13 00:00:00.001" thruDate="" partyTaxId="12-3456789" isExempt="Y" isNexus="N"/>
    <PartyTaxAuthInfo partyId="Company" taxAuthGeoId="CA" taxAuthPartyId="CA_BOE" fromDate="2001-05-13 00:00:00.001" thruDate="" partyTaxId="" isExempt="" isNexus="Y"/>

    <!-- note that these rates are for the given Geo only and do not include local taxes (county, city) -->
    <SimpleSalesTaxLookup productStoreId="9000" countryGeoId="USA" stateProvinceGeoId="CA" taxCategory="_NA_" fromDate="2001-05-13 00:00:00.001"
        description="California State Sales Tax" minItemPrice="0.0" minPurchase="0.0" taxShipping="N" salesTaxPercentage="0.0625" taxAuthPartyId="CA_BOE" taxAuthGlAccountId="224100"/>
</entity-engine-xml>
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
                                                                                                                                                                                              1,1           All

Re: Tax Information

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
FYI - as I stated yesterday, I was able to get the sales tax calculation
to happen with DemoCustomer.  When I went in this morning and added
another customer that lives in Utah, it DID NOT get sales tax calculated
for it when they were logged in :(

It appears that I've got even more digging to do.

Cheers,
Tim

Re: Tax Information

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Thanks Tim.

Re: Tax Information

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I will, I will.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Re: Tax Information

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Re: Tax Information

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Tim Ruppert" <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>

> Jacques, that's a great piece of information that I had definitely
> overlooked.  That seems to me to be a VERY big problem though as you
> want to be able to charge taxes to anyone that orders anything - not
> just people who want their information stored, correct?

As long as taxes are defined by the GEO where the resident lives. If you have no information about that point how may you charge
taxes ?

For example if I work on a contract in France I will have to apply taxes for my services in the invoice. But if I work on a contract
outside France no taxes are applied.

Shipping is not the way because the buyer is not necessarily the one who receive the item. But as long as they pay I think that you
are able to know where they reside, not sure how to do that in each cases though...

Jacques

Re: Tax Information

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Tax Information