Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Christopher Beard <cb...@bloomberg.net> on 2020/11/27 18:07:56 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-640 Add log compression analysis tool

Bump. I'd like to gather more feedback on this!

Chris

Posted by James Cheng <wu...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

This (understandably) requires access to the log segment files on disk. Managed Kafka services are becoming more popular (Confluent Cloud, Amazon MSK) and they do not expose the log segment files on disk. It’d be great to have an equivalent functionality that would work on managed services.

But, that would be a completely different implementation, so maybe it’s not something you want to handle right now.

-James

Sent from my iPhone