Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2013/06/20 16:18:06 UTC

Web site more or less ready for new confluence….

Just an FYI:   I've updated CXF's site exporter thing to account for the API changes and storage format changes and such for the new version of confluence that they are migrating to this weekend.   Thus, after the migration, the sites shouldn't end up totally hosed.  That said, I do expect some hiccups that we'll need to adjust next week.

The main "visible" change is that Confluence no longer renders the code blocks as pre-rendered HTML.  Instead, it relies on a javascript thing to render the syntax highlighting in the browser.  To support this, some javascript things needed to be added to the sites resources directory and the template needed to be adjusted to include the appropriate brushes (when needed).    I think the "look and feel" (aka: colors/style sheet) for the code blocks will need some adjustment, but that can be done next week as well when everything is live and we can really test it.   That said, I'm not sure how the book-in-one-page.html thing will work with Prince now.  Since all the code is rendered via javascript, I'm not sure how Prince will handle it.   Also, book-in-one-page.html takes a LONG time to render in the browser due to all the code blocks.

Right now, the extent of what I can test is a bit limited as the import of the camel space (and cxf space) into the new confluence resulted in a bunch of pages that could not be migrated due to missing plugins and such.   The plugins are now installed so when they re-do the import on Saturday, they SHOULD come in OK, but we'll have to see.   The new CXF site exporter detects these pages and warns about them.   If they don't come in correctly, we have to "edit" them  each manually, save them, then have a confluence admin re-run an updater on them.   CXF has 66 such pages.  Camel has 84.  I'm not spending time doing the whole edit/admin/test cycle for each page right now.   Hopefully they'll migrate better on Saturday.   If not, we'll need to do a bunch of fixes next week.

Anyway, for other projects that may be using the cxf-site-exporter thing, (like ActiveMQ), you will need to update to the latest CXF code if you aren't using an svn:external to grab it and also adjust the template to add:

+
+#if($page.hasCode)
+  <link href='http://camel.apache.org/styles/highlighter/styles/shCore.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' />
+  <link href='http://camel,.apache.org/styles/highlighter/styles/shThemeEclipse.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' />
+  <script src='http://camel.apache.org/styles/highlighter/scripts/shCore.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
+#foreach ($hscript in $page.CodeScripts)
+  <script src='http://camel.apache.org/styles/highlighter/scripts/$hscript' type='text/javascript'></script>
+#end
+
+  <script type="text/javascript">
+  SyntaxHighlighter.defaults['toolbar'] = false;
+  SyntaxHighlighter.all();
+  </script>
+#end
+

Anyway, I do expect some hiccups next week, but the main part of the investigation and fixes are done so at least the website will still be more or less usable.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Web site more or less ready for new confluence….

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan

Thanks a lot for working on this, and sharing all the detailed information.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> +  <link href='http://camel,.apache.org/styles/highlighter/styles/shThemeEclipse.css' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' />
> +  <script src='http://camel.apache.org/styles/highlighter/scripts/shCore.js' type='text/javascript'></script>
> +#foreach ($hscript in $page.CodeScripts)
> +  <script src='http://camel.apache.org/styles/highlighter/scripts/$hscript' type='text/javascript'></script>
> +#end
> +
> +  <script type="text/javascript">
> +  SyntaxHighlighter.defaults['toolbar'] = false;
> +  SyntaxHighlighter.all();
> +  </script>
> +#end
> +
>

> Anyway, I do expect some hiccups next week, but the main part of the investigation and fixes are done so at least the website will still be more or less usable.

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
www.camelone.org: The open source integration conference.

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Web site more or less ready for new confluence….

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Big THANK YOU Dan!

Best,
Christian