Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by MA...@nagoya.betaversion.org on 2003/01/05 02:33:08 UTC

failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at nagoya.betaversion.org.

<qm...@nagoya.betaversion.org>:
ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept messages of MIME Content-Type 'multipart/related' (#5.2.3)

Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 20:31:24 -0500
From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>
To:  poi-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: SOA Workbook aka "the branch I start creating tomorrow if no one
 objects" beta testing

--------------050904050309080301060108

Hi,

I've been pretty stingy with this code for SOA until now because I
didn't want forked version of POI running around
with people posting the questions here...  However, if no one objects to
the branch I'm going to start on merging this code
into a branch.  Its likely to take me awhile and I'd like to get a
little feedback before then.  SOA does not currently have the
default system encoding patches in it do you'll need to be able to pass
-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 to your VM if your default
system encoding is not in fact 8859-1 (Redhat 8.0 for instance ;-) ).

However if you're willing to try it, you'll get around a 75% memory
utilization reduction on large files and 50% performance improvement.

In exchange I want:

Architecture information (I'm running X operating system on X processor
with X ram etc)
Performance statistics from *before* and *after* you switched.  Dead
spreadsheets.

if you're interested send email to andy@superlinksoftware.com.  preface
the subject of your email
with [SOA BETA] so that it is filed into the proper mail folder...
 (translation: so that I actually read it)

Thank you kindly,

Andy

--------------050904050309080301060108--

--------------000209050302010002000600--