Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com> on 2006/04/09 06:33:45 UTC

[Axis2] Axiom performance improvements

Nice job by whoever did the Axiom performance improvements! I didn't
think you'd be able to get Axiom to match the faster document models
without major rewrites. What were the main things you changed?

Now if somebody can do the same for the Axiom memory usage I'll be
*really* impressed. ;-)

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
SOA, Web Services, and XML

Re: [Axis2] Axiom performance improvements

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dennis... I'll write something up when i get a chance w.r.t
Memory usage, it's on my TODO list :)

thanks,
dims

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 16:33 +1200, Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
> Nice job by whoever did the Axiom performance improvements! I didn't
> think you'd be able to get Axiom to match the faster document models
> without major rewrites. What were the main things you changed?
>
> Now if somebody can do the same for the Axiom memory usage I'll be
> *really* impressed. ;-)

Its the classic space vs. time tradeoff .. we are focused on time 'cause
the way to deal with space is by deferring and doing the right thing at
the right time. IMO that's the balance we must keep.

Sanjiva.