Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2017/03/17 14:48:13 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Update on the Jenkins CarbonData job

Hi guys,

Tomorrow I plan to update our jobs on Apache Jenkins as the following:

- carbondata-master-spark-1.5 building master branch with Spark 1.5 profile
- carbondata-master-spark-1.6 building master branch with Spark 1.6 profile
- carbondata-master-spark-2.1 building master branch with Spark 2.1 profile
- carbondata-pr-spark-1.5 building PR with Spark 1.5 profile
- carbondata-pr-spark-1.6 building PR with Spark 1.6 profile
- carbondata-pr-spark-2.1 building PR with Spark 2.1 profile

I will run some builds to identify eventual issues.

No objection ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] Update on the Jenkins CarbonData job

Posted by Vimal Das Kammath <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

I would like to give you an update about this.

I created a view gathering all CarbonData jobs:

https://builds.apache.org/view/CarbonData/

The *master* jobs automatically build and deploy a SNAPSHOT when we have a
change on git, or weekly (if no change on git).

The *pr* jobs automatically build the current pull request. This job is
parameterized, meaning that you can launch a build on the pull request of your
choice.

I launched different builds to test. I keep you posted.

Regards
JB

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I suggest using the below script to run these jobs(use "deploy" for master
jobs, use "test" for PRs' jobs):

1. use this script "mvn clean -U deploy -Pspark-1.5/1.6/2.1" to run master
job for nightly build.
- carbondata-master-spark-1.5 building master branch with Spark 1.5 profile
- carbondata-master-spark-1.6 building master branch with Spark 1.6 profile
- carbondata-master-spark-2.1 building master branch with Spark 2.1 profile

2.use this script "mvn clean -U scalastyle:check checkstyle:check
-Pspark-1.5/1.6/2.1 test" to run PRs' jobs for each new pr.
- carbondata-pr-spark-1.5 building PR with Spark 1.5 profile
- carbondata-pr-spark-1.6 building PR with Spark 1.6 profile
- carbondata-pr-spark-2.1 building PR with Spark 2.1 profile

Regards
Liang

Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote

Posted by QiangCai <qi...@qq.com>.
+1

Best Regards
David QiangCai

Re: [PROPOSAL] Update on the Jenkins CarbonData job

Posted by Kumar Vishal <ku...@gmail.com>.
+1
Kumar Vishal

Posted by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ravi

Re: [PROPOSAL] Update on the Jenkins CarbonData job

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1
Thanks, JB.

Regards
Liang

--
Regards
Liang

Re: [PROPOSAL] Update on the Jenkins CarbonData job

Posted by Jacky Li <ja...@qq.com>.
+1