Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "will@serensoft.com" <wi...@serensoft.com> on 2009/12/09 07:00:22 UTC

Building CPAN/ppm modules on 64bit Windows

Newbie question here -- this isn't mod_perl specific but the lists
I've found that seem more appropriate have not-so-much traffic, and
we're in a bit of a bind...

How do we build CPAN libraries on Win64?

We've been building a bridge-module to migrate data from SIS
(registrar data such as courses, instructors, students) into an LMS
and back (as grades). We've got Win32::GUI to handle the interface of
course... It works fin on our little 32-bit workstations, but the
client has 64-bit windows on their server.

Nmake works on win32, but not on wni64. Dmake is recommended instead,
but it's only available in C-code source, and we don't have any C
compiler at hand. We're just looking to install a few perl modules,
argh!

Is there another way to get CPAN/PPM (activestate's
perl-package-manager) to build and install modules? Or does someone
have a compiled DMAKE we could try?

Thanks bunches, mod-perlers!

--
will trillich
"Tis the set of the sails / And not the gales / That tells the way we