Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@mappingsoft.com> on 2002/11/08 12:40:36 UTC

4.0 and 4.1 servlet-mapping

Hi,

Probably shuld, but I hate to STWF ;).

In 4.0 the /app/WEB-INF/classes/ were mapped to the /app/servlet/

In 4.1 I need explicitly to put the

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

So that can work.

Is this correct behaviour for 4.1 or I'm I missing something?

MT.

Re: 4.0 and 4.1 servlet-mapping

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Mladen Turk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Probably shuld, but I hate to STWF ;).
>
> In 4.0 the /app/WEB-INF/classes/ were mapped to the /app/servlet/
>
> In 4.1 I need explicitly to put the
>

>         invoker
>         /servlet/*
>

> So that can work.
>
> Is this correct behaviour for 4.1 or I'm I missing something?

The invoker servlet has security implications (by creating additional
paths to access servlets), so it is now disabled by default in 4.1.x and
5.x.
This is in the release notes.

Rémy