Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Roy, Ansuman" <an...@logicacmg.com> on 2005/11/25 06:28:02 UTC

avoiding caching of pages using meta not working

Hi,
I had used the meta tags to avoid caching of my pages but no result. when i put in as local host lenya works fine but when i put in with my ip address then it takes the old pages. despite using meta tags internet explorer and firefox displays all the cached pages. can anybody help me out please.

regards,
Roy

Re: avoiding caching of pages using meta not working

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
On 11/25/05, Roy, Ansuman <an...@logicacmg.com> wrote:
> I had used the meta tags to avoid caching of my pages but no result. when i put in as local host lenya works fine but when i put in with my ip address then it takes the old pages. despite using meta tags internet explorer and firefox displays all the cached pages. can anybody help me out please.

Please expand your explanation.  Caching happens at several places:
Lenya (in the /work directory), Cocoon (in memory), web browser (in
the Cache or Temporary Internet Files directories).

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
tells browsers the page should not be cached locally.  This is useful
for secure websites (such as email) where the data should not be
available to other people with file access to the browser's cache.

http://solprovider.com/lenya/cache
describes disabling Lenya's cache for logged-in visitors and any URL
with a querystring (having a question mark plus text) such as
usecases.

solprovider

Re: avoiding caching of pages using meta not working

Posted by Victoria Vitaver <vi...@tt.com.au>.
Roy, Ansuman wrote:

>Hi,
>I had used the meta tags to avoid caching of my pages but no result. when i put in as local host lenya works fine but when i put in with my ip address then it takes the old pages. despite using meta tags internet explorer and firefox displays all the cached pages. can anybody help me out please.

You can specify a pipeline to be of type "noncaching" for more info:

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/caching.html

HTH.

Vica