Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by sv...@crccoding.com on 2016/10/06 14:26:09 UTC

Data loss

Hello,

Is it possible that old data are deleted subversion after a while?
I've experienced that with 2014 data back, you know it is?

Greetings, I hope your answers.

Joseph

Re: Data loss

Posted by Jan Keirse <ja...@tvh.be>.
On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 4:26 PM,  <sv...@crccoding.com> wrote:
> Is it possible that old data are deleted subversion after a while?
> I've experienced that with 2014 data back, you know it is?

No, not automatically, not without a serious effort. (The only way to
delete old data is to dump, filter and load the repository, which
certainly doesn't happen by accident.)
If you are using tortoisesvn to look at your history it doesn't
automatically show all history for performance reasons when looking at
the history log, which can be confusing if you don't know it. But
there are 'Show all' and 'Next 100' buttons at the bottom of the
screen to go back further in time.

--

**** DISCLAIMER ****

http://www.tvh.com/glob/en/email-disclaimer

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."