Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Jason Wen <zh...@workday.com.INVALID> on 2021/03/03 20:32:59 UTC

Empty zkServer-initialize.sh in zookeeper rpm

Hi team,

I find a problem on zookeeper rpm rpm built from bigtop. The script /usr/lib/zookeeper/bin/zkServer-initialize.sh is empty so it does nothing.
I see the following codes in bigtop repo:
# FIXME: a workaround in preparation for Zookeeper 3.5
echo '#!/bin/bash' > $BUILD_DIR/bin/zkServer-initialize.sh

When I compare it with cdh zookeeper rpms I see the same file in cdh rpm is not empty and can be used to initialize the dir and myid file.
The above code were committed back to 2012. Is this a known issue for a long time?

Thanks,
Jason