Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by basti <ma...@unix-solution.de> on 2015/07/23 13:47:00 UTC

Spamassasin always RDNS_NONE

Hello,
all my incomming mails get always "1.3 RDNS_NONE" also with a vaild PTR.

A part of the mail header look like:

# dig -x 151.189.21.44 +short && dig mail-in-04.arcor-online.net. +short
mail-in-04.arcor-online.net.
151.189.21.44

# spamassassin -V
SpamAssassin version 3.3.2
  running on Perl version 5.14.2

on Debian 7 (Wheezy)

Thanks for any help.
Regards, Basti

Re: Spamassasin always RDNS_NONE

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 23 Jul 2015, at 8:15, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> On 23.07.15 13:47, basti wrote:
>> all my incomming mails get always "1.3 RDNS_NONE" also with a vaild
>> PTR.
>
> Does your mail server check for reverse DNS?
> If not, turn it on.

+1

This is important for more than SpamAssassin. Because DNS can be very
ephemeral and changes may leave no evidence, knowing what DNS said at
the moment a message was received is useful if you end up wanting to
find patterns in your spam.

Re: Spamassasin always RDNS_NONE

Posted by basti <ma...@unix-solution.de>.
Thanks alot.

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 23.07.15 13:47, basti wrote:
>all my incomming mails get always "1.3 RDNS_NONE" also with a vaild PTR.

Does your mail server check for reverse DNS?
If not, turn it on.

M$ Win's are shit, do not use it !