Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Bharath Ravi <bh...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/05 03:52:40 UTC

Disable flume logging?

Hi all,

The logs generated by flume (especially the master) run to a few GBs in a
few minutes
on my setup.

How do I disable logging on flume? I did some brief looking around the user
guide and related
docs, but couldn't find a knob that turns it off.

Thanks a lot!
--
Bharath Ravi

Re: Disable flume logging?

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Sorry, I see you referenced the master. Disregard my reply.

Re: Disable flume logging?

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.

Re: Disable flume logging?

Posted by Bharath Ravi <bh...@gmail.com>.
Ah, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I should have mentioned that the 16 nodes are
distributed on 16 different machines.
The master, which hits these limits is on one of these 16 machines.

That said, I have increased the limits on the master machine, and haven't
run into problems since.
Thanks a lot!

--
Bharath Ravi