Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by stacey44 <br...@hotmail.com> on 2010/04/17 08:18:24 UTC

Login Action

Hey guys well I am trying to figure out how to build a Login action form that
verifies a username and passoword by checking it against a MySQL database. I
have got the user registration up and going I just need help on the
LoginAction.java file. Thanks for any resources you can give me! Stacey

RE: Login Action

Posted by stacey44 <br...@hotmail.com>.
I am using straight jdbc.

RE: Login Action

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
there is a LoginAction example at org.apache.struts2.showcase.chat.ChatLoginAction.java in struts-showcase

what kind of database will you persist your data to?
Are you using ORM such as iBatis or Hibernate or straight JDBC?

Martin Gainty

Re: Login Action

Posted by stacey44 <br...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Login Action

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

2010/4/17 stacey44 <br...@hotmail.com>:
> Hey guys well I am trying to figure out how to build a Login action form that
> verifies a username and passoword by checking it against a MySQL database. I
> have got the user registration up and going I just need help on the
> LoginAction.java file. Thanks for any resources you can give me! Stacey

Build custom AuthInterceptor, here you have full example
http://www.vitarara.org/cms/struts_2_cookbook/creating_a_login_interceptor

Regards
--
Łukasz