Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Alexander Wagner <al...@inside-m2m.de> on 2015/02/03 12:49:42 UTC

A few observation on TomEE 1.7.1 running under Debian

Hello TomEE-Community,

we have three curios observation with TomEE 1.7.1 running under Debian
(Debian 3.2.57-3+deb7u1 x86_64 GNU/Linux). All the problem only occur on
that debian server. Two of the problems are already solved in the
1.7.2-SNAP. Maybe the third one belongs somehow to same failure...:

1. This failure was already described here, that in some cases the name
of the tomee directory or a symbolic link prevents the servlet
annotations to work correctly. This failure does not occur in 1.7.2-SNAP
any more.

2. The second one we observed, which is also already solved in
1.7.2-SNAPSHOT is that we had a problem when we injected a jms topic in
a managed bean (ejb, cdi doesn’t matter) and tried to use this topic to
send a message. Ok here comes the bad part, we used this managed bean
from a thread which listen on socket connections. Locally we do not had
any problems at all on this part. But when we tried to send a message
with that injected topic on the debian system we got a:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: A destination must be specified.
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(ActiveMQMessageProducer.java:257)
~[activemq-client-5.10.0.jar:5.10.0]

After some debugging etc. we decided to get the Topic from jndi
directly: Topic lookup = (Topic) new
InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env/MyTopic");

And than we got a ClassCastException:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue
cannot be cast to javax.jms.Topic

After that we decided to give the 1.7.2-SNAPSHOT a chance and wow we do
not have that problem anymore. :-)

3. We deploy our webapps over the tomcat manger with the tomcat7 maven
plugin. The tomcat manager copies the temp war file to the webapps
folder during upload. We are not sure if this the default behaviour and
the manager normally starts deploying only .war files. But for some
reasons the manager try immediately to deploy the tmp war file, which
ist not fully uploaded. This failure do we get also with the
1.7.2-SNAPSHOT on this debian machine.

Best Regards
Alexander Wagner

Re: A few observation on TomEE 1.7.1 running under Debian

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
I know it was possible to make it happening with a naked tomcat as
well, not sure they fixed it or not but just reading your description
it is not shocking

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com