Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2012/07/25 13:35:36 UTC

DavGenericLockDB scope - what should it be?

Hi all,

According to the docs at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_dav_lock.html#davgenericlockdb the scope of the DavGenericLockDB is "server config, virtual host, directory".

According to the source, the scope is "inside Directory or Location" as follows:

    AP_INIT_TAKE1("DAVGenericLockDB", dav_lock_cmd_davlockdb, NULL, ACCESS_CONF,
                  "specify a lock database"),

Can anyone confirm which one is supposed to be correct?

Regards,
Graham

RE: DavGenericLockDB scope - what should it be?

Posted by Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ru...@vodafone.com>.

Answering myself. Later version of mod_dav_svn have their own locking implemented.

Regards

Rüdiger

RE: DavGenericLockDB scope - what should it be?

Posted by Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ru...@vodafone.com>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
The docs are correct. There shouldn't be any real problem with a
server-wide database.

Cheers,
-g