Posted to bridges-dev@portals.apache.org by Jason Novotny <no...@aei.mpg.de> on 2005/08/10 17:19:17 UTC

jsf bridge

Hi,

    What exactly is the jsf bridge code? I have successfully been able
to get the FacesPortlet that comes with Sun's RI of JSF to work in our
GridSphere portal, I'm wondering what the jsf bridge code provides in
addition or replacement to that?

    Thanks, Jason

Re: jsf bridge

Posted by David Le Strat <dl...@yahoo.com>.
Jason,

The JSF bridge was implemented before JSF support was
built in into MyFaces.  It is primary support was for
MyFaces.  As a result it now has minimal utility.  The
only value I can see is that using such a bridge could
facilitate porting portlets from 1 JSF implementation
to another.  Not sure this buys much.  The community
should decide whether it is worth keeping   or whether
it is just better to use native bridge
implementations.

Regards,

David Le Strat.