Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com> on 2003/10/22 12:08:47 UTC

[VOTE] use core directory instead of dist/shbat

Hi,

Now that nicola is doing some stuf moving directories around is a good
time to change this:

from:
/src/core -> build/dist/shbat

to:
/src/core -> build/core

Is there any reason to maintain a directory to hold
"apache-forrest-0.6-*.zip" can them be put them just on build/ ?

Cheers,
Cheche

Re: [VOTE] use core directory instead of dist/shbat

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>> Is there any reason to maintain a directory to hold
>>> "apache-forrest-0.6-*.zip" can them be put them just on build/ ?
>>
>> Could you explain? The xml-forrest.jar is placed in build/ now.
>
> ./build.sh release-dist places the outcome file on build/dist

I have not checked the dist targets yet. When I will, I'll place them in
the build dir as you suggest. +1

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [VOTE] use core directory instead of dist/shbat

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I kept the same directory structure so that users don't have to change
> their FORREST_HOME settings. I don't see a major inconvenience in
> keeping build/dist/shbat for now.

We have been define as "spaghetti directory of poorly-documented
interdependencies", this is a 0.x release so users are aware that things
can break. Our goal is to do it as simple as we can.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.