Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2017/05/25 10:43:21 UTC

Fwd: Call for a new mentor for Apache Slider

Dear Slider Community,

Just wanted to forward this question to you for any additional comments.
I'm your shepherd this month for your report.  I'll note to you that you're
about 3 years in to incubation - which is a long time.  Please be prepped
to answer this question as a part of your report.

John

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
If more "slider-only releases" is a sticking point, is there a reason
that the current "slider" community couldn't put out releases voted on
by the Hadoop PMC, maybe from a separate git repo if necessary? I know
the work to integrate Slider into Hadoop is no trivial task, but if the
podling can still be somewhat autonomous under Hadoop's PMC, we could
lessen the IPMC burden.

tl;dr let's replace the IPMC oversight with the Hadoop PMC?

- Josh (your long-idle podling member)