Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by sally <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/20 13:57:03 UTC

Using wait Processor in nifi

I need to use wait processor for terminating invokehttp processor in case of
failure, I have tried this -
[https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43915412/how-to-use-wait-notify-processor][1]
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43915412/how-to-use-wait-notify-processor>

and added DistributeCashMapServerService by PutDistributeMapCachProcessor (I
have made host:localhost with port 4557 for both DistributeMapCachclient and
server service), but both of them still throws execpetion:Should I change
server port? Or configure it another way?
(P.S I have uploaded picture of error itself and my workflow in nifi)
<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n16691/errorServer.png>
<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n16691/workflow.png>

Re: Using wait Processor in nifi

Posted by sally <sa...@gmail.com>.
Yes  i have added  it, thank you for  your  replay

Re: Using wait Processor in nifi

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Did you add DistributedMapCacheServer controller service?
As written in the Stackoverflow thread, you need two controller services:

1. DistributedMapCacheServer

To add one, you need to open Controller Services tab by either:
Clicking the gear icon on the 'Operate' palette, or select 'Controller
Settings' from a hamburger menu on top right, then click the 'Plus'
icon, and select DistributedMapCacheServer.

From your explanation, "added DistributeCashMapServerService by
PutDistributeMapCachProcessor", I suspect you added another
DistributedCacheCLIENT. You need a server.

DistributedCacheServer listens to the specified port and act as a
KeyValue cache storage so that different processors can put/get and
share data.

2. DistributedMapCacheClient

This is a client to communicate with a cache server.

Please double check you have above controller services.

Thanks,
Koji