Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Selber Jean-François <jf...@oxymel.com> on 2004/05/12 19:17:28 UTC

vertical align on the page?

Hello,

I use keep-with-next="always" keep-together="always" for some row (not all) because I want to keep those lines together

I have a big table witch is on 4 pages
How can I do to my table end always at bottom for  pages 1, 2, 3
In fact keep-with-next="always" keep-together="always" force row to be on next page (it is what i want) but there is a blank at the end of the page
How can I do to not have this blanc space ?

In fact I want to know if there is a way to force a vertical alignement of the text of my table?

thanks a lot
jf

RE: vertical align on the page?

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

Hi,

> but there is a blank at the end of the page
> How can I do to not have this blanc space ?

Difficult to tell where this comes from... So can't help you out here, sorry
:(

> In fact I want to know if there is a way to force a
> vertical alignement of the text of my table?

Vertical alignment (in LRTB writing-mode) basically means 'alignment in
block-progression-direction', which is what the property 'display-align' is
meant for. As you will notice, there are currently two things to take into
account:
1. display-align is only partially implemented in FOP (only for table-cells
and block-containers)
2. you want to center vertically (I presume) on the page, and following the
definition in the spec, display-align does its work WRT the content
rectangle of the reference area, so you would need to specify it on the
region-body

Alas! I think you're going to need some witchcraft for the moment to combine
vertical centering across the page with a page-spanning table... (meaning:
you would need to take control over the page-breaking, split your table and
nest the separate parts into 1-page-sized tables with only one column and
one row.
See also: http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-center-vertical)

If OTOH you need to center the text *in* the table-cells,
display-align="center" will work just fine.

HTH!

Greetz,

Andreas