Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> on 2011/05/27 00:43:03 UTC

Stepping down as a Lucy Mentor

Hi Lucy team and incubators,

I haven't been able to give nearly as much energy / time / itch to
Lucy as I wanted to Lucy's incubation.

Lucy has made incredible strides in its short time here, now [nearly]
getting an 0.1.0 release out.  I'm very excited and I will keep a
close eye on things, just not as an official Mentor.

I'm very happy to see new people jumping in and working hard to push
things forwards.

Keep up the good work everyone!  Lucy is a very important project; we
badly need a rock solid search engine that works well with the world's
dynamic languages.

Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Stepping down as a Lucy Mentor

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help along the way. Your measured, thoughtful comments and conversation, helped the project out a great deal.

Cheers,
Chris

On May 26, 2011, at 12:43 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:

> Hi Lucy team and incubators,
>
> I haven't been able to give nearly as much energy / time / itch to
> Lucy as I wanted to Lucy's incubation.
>
> Lucy has made incredible strides in its short time here, now [nearly]
> getting an 0.1.0 release out.  I'm very excited and I will keep a
> close eye on things, just not as an official Mentor.
>
> I'm very happy to see new people jumping in and working hard to push
> things forwards.
>
> Keep up the good work everyone!  Lucy is a very important project; we
> badly need a rock solid search engine that works well with the world's
> dynamic languages.
>
> Mike
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: Stepping down as a Lucy Mentor

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Thanks guys.  Now is a very exciting time for Lucy!

Mike

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
Mike,