Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2006/04/30 06:03:14 UTC

Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "CodingProjects" by KatheyMarsden

Thanks, Kathey.  You may already know this, but note that putting it
here does not make it publicly available for students, you have to put
it on the main SummerOfCode wiki referenced on the CodingProjects page.

David

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> Thanks, Kathey.  You may already know this, but note that putting it
> here does not make it publicly available for students, you have to put
> it on the main SummerOfCode wiki referenced on the CodingProjects page.

I had a few questions about this:
1) Does this project seem appropriate to Summer of Code or do the
deliverables need to be more well defined at this point in the process?
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/NetworkClientQualityImprovements

2) I noticed the other projects on the main SummerOfCode page did not
have links to the project pages from CodingProjects page.  Is it ok to
have a link to our wiki from the main SummerOfCode page?

3) Do I just make up a Subject  ID?

4) I cannot absolutely commit to doing this.  Since the page says
Possible Mentor is it ok to put it  up if there is a slight chance that
I might not be able to do it?

5) Do I need to get it up today since tomorrow is May 1?

Kathey