Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by O-One <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/04 00:09:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache listening on :8081

Hello all,

I am trying to install my Apache on a Windows 2003 Server. Knowing that Apache by default is on Port 80. If I put Apache on say Port 8081, is it true that because of that, when anyone needs to reach my site, instead of typing www.abc.com they must now type www.abc.com:8081

I need to use a port other than Port 80 to host Apache, if the above statement is true, is there a way to work around having to put the number at the end of the site name?

Thank you