Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ivan Vasquez <iv...@itos.uga.edu> on 2004/08/31 18:51:18 UTC

Classloading problem

We have Tomcat 5.0.16 and were incorrectly placing common jars (such as
JDBC drivers) in /common/lib.

Now we just moved them to /shared/lib (for truly common stuff) and
WEB-INF/lib, but now all applications complain giving a
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException, just like if things weren't in
Tomcat's classpath anymore. Apps and Tomcat restarts have been done
several times.

Is there anything in web.xml, server.xml, etc that needs to be set? What
are we possibly missing? Tomcat docs are pretty straightforward about it
and everything seems right.

Once again, thanks in advance.
Ivan.

Re: Classloading problem

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.
I have been using 5.0.27, putting my JDBC drivers in common/lib, and my
struts jars in WEB-INF/lib of each application, and haven't had any
problems. Why do you say "incorrectly"?

Erik